Saturday, September 27, 2008

Cartoon Festival Knokke-Heist 2008 - PART 2 - The Books

This year the festival invited two guests: Kim Duchateau (cartoonist of the Belgian newspaper De Morgen) and the German Sebastian Krüger, famous for his drawings, paintings and caricatures of Hollywood stars and The Rolling Stones. Because I already received the 2008 catalogue, great as always, I was especially interested in "books" by Sebastian Krüger.


First of all, the 2008 festival catalogue contains a selection of cartoons from all corners of the world. It's a selection of 130 cartoons out of the 2.850 sent to the festival jury.
Click here to see all previous catalogues

Knokke-Heist 2008 festival catalogue

The art of Krüger is very attractive. Take a look at his art on his site and blog and you'll see it is really world class, world top... . I recently read on the blog of Mike Lynch that a cartoonist could earn 0 to millions of $ a year... Krüger belongs to the last category I think. I wish all artists make a good living. Some Krüger publications you could buy on the festival were quite expensive for a 'poor' collector as I am. His Rolling Stones catalogue costs 19.95 euro (price ok) ,another nice Krüger art book costed 75 eur. Calendars cost 80 tot 140 euro, poster 50 euro and more ... I didn't buy them,but... for 1,5 euro I bought a genuine Krüger postcard. I could afford that!

The only book of Krüger I own, is Malzeit! (Semmel Verlag, 1989). Some of the drawings/paintings in this book you find on this thumbnail page.


In comparision with other Krüger art,
these are some "simple" portraits


Before I left, I did another buy: I bought a festival cartoon T-shirt! 5 euro only!


Learn more:

Cartoon Festival Knokke-Heist 2008 - PART 1 - The visit
Cartoonfestival Knokke-Heist
Sebastian Krüger Biography
Sebastian Krüger Blog
Sebastian Krüger Art
Krüger Exhibitions

Cartoonbook files:
Malzeit

Cartoons 2008

No comments: