Saturday, April 26, 2008

Boekenfestijn Kortrijk 2008

This week I went to Boekenfestijn , a giant book fair in Kortrijk Xpo, Belgium. Of course I was looking for some cartoon books.
The 'boekenfestijn' has been more than 25 years of uninterrupted success and with reason: the entrance is free and you can find thousands of books, multimedia and some other articles to sharp prices. . The price of these books is sometimes up to 90% lower than original prices. Unfortunately I didn't find as much cartoon books I hoped to find. The Press cartoon Belgium 2006 book was in promotion: 1,99 eur (normal price 12,50 euro) and The New Yorker Book of Cartoon Puzzles and Games book I bought there last year for 4,95 eur, was priced this year at 1,95 eur! (normal price: 17,95 USD). I bought a second specimen. This time to fill up the answers to the puzzles and games. For that price, I couldn't resist. Another nice book I found was 'Funny Ladies', The New Yorker's Greatest Woman Cartoonists and Their Cartoons. (4,95 eur, normal price 32 USD). Later on I'll place a review of these books: I'll 'read' them first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to read books. Last Sunday I shopped at Cartoon Bank and got some funny cartoon books.