Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tour de France 2012 - what I saw...

Stage 2 of the Tour 2012 finished in Tournai, Belgium yesterday, 2 July 2012. I had never seen the Tour 'live' in my life and Tournai is only 35 km from my home... so I got to be there to watch one of the biggest sports events in the world. As always... there is a cartoon link as you'll notice further in this post.

Tournai, 3 km from the finish line - 2,5 hours before The Tour arrives
in town
One hour before The Tour passes, the Publicity Caravan arrives...
To my surprice I spotted drawings on the Vittel (a water brand) publicity vehicles that looked  familiar to me... and yes, I was right: those were the style of the great French cartoonist Roger Blachon (1941 - 2008).

Roger Blanchon style publicity drawings





Some cyclist cartoons by the great Blachon published in the "Dessins Sportfs" series:









This publicity caravan really is crazy!





And finally the cyclists passed by.... in a few seconds!


attention, attention... course!



The Tour de France: a circus!
And the winner was... Fabian Cancellara!


No comments: